As an independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), we have a fiduciary duty to our clients to ensure all aspects of their financial plan are in their best interest. This includes all advice, investment recommendations and ongoing monitoring.
In working with our clients, we carefully review four vital areas related to the management of their portfolios:
- Asset Allocation — Based on our research and the client’s personal risk tolerance, we will set their asset allocation to marry effective returns with lower risk so their life can continue unchanged in all market conditions. We utilize low-cost, high-quality equities and equity funds along with highly rated fixed income offerings to build our portfolios.
- Diversification — We will mitigate our client’s risks by properly diversifying their portfolios and avoiding large concentrations in any one category.
- Long-term horizons — We don’t invest for the short term, nor make impulsive moves in the market based on current events. We invest with a long-term perspective and hold our positions proactively.
- Taxation — We review our client’s portfolios and their situation to determine the efficiency of their holdings and accounts. In every scenario, we seek to maximize tax-favored accounts, locate tax-sensitive investments where appropriate, and minimize each client’s tax liability. Asset location allows us to maximize tax efficiency by placing fixed income and dividend equity investments inside tax-deferred accounts, while positioning growth-oriented equities inside non-qualified accounts.
We believe that our role as financial advisor is to remove obstacles and implement a solid investment plan that fits each client’s needs. Our financial planning process follows three steps:
- Initial meeting — Our initial and ongoing discussions center on our client’s goals and their values. Not only do we want to gain a clear picture of their finances, we also want to understand how they want to balance their values, lifestyle and money. During our initial meeting, we also introduce ourselves and share more about our process.
- Blueprinting — We create two detailed analyses after gathering financial data: one to evaluate the current course of action and one to evaluate our recommended plan to align values and goals.
- Implementation — We put the recommendations in place with a concierge-styled action plan. On an ongoing basis, we continue discussions on balance, changes and ensuring your wealth is supporting your life by design.
We strive to keep our plans simple but effective. We believe financial planning and wealth management should be built on sound principles.